Sunday, October 2, 2011

Welcome to Common Sole!

Hello Everyone,
Welcome to Common Sole! This blog is for all runners or fitness enthusiastics like myself.
I was inspired to create this blog as an outlet for people who simply enjoy running and staying active. I wanted to create a place that people could come and find running inspiration, running tips, route suggestions or to simply connect with other runners.
I'm not a professional runner by any means but running and staying active has been one of my life-long passions. I also have a marathon and a few half marathons under my belt that I've spent many hours training for and have learned many running techniques, strategies and helpful tips along the way.
I love all things running - books and magazines, gadgets, the latest gear and equipment, and of course - running fashion!
Through this blog, I hope to share some of the advice running advice I've learned along the way, answer any questions, or provide suggestions that inspire people to get outside and get active.
Another reason I started this blog is because I find I'm regularly asked by friends and family about running - from how to start to how to get motivated. I truly believe that running requires inspiration and mental power. It's important to get motivated by setting goals and staying committed. There's no better feeling than completing a race that you spent weeks or months training for, or to finally be able to complete your distance goal.

Stay tuned to my blog for my suggested running techiniques and tips, motivational ideas, running playlist suggestions, my favourite healthy recipes and more!
In the meantime, explore the rest of the blog to see some of my favourite running gear, links to interesting articles, a calendar of upcoming running events, and an overview of some of the breathtaking runs I've done lately.

Happy running!

5 comments:

  1. I recently have gotten into running and am loving it! I just finished my first 5K! :) Looking forward to reading your blog for inspiration and helpful tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carly, 5km wow that's great - such an accomplishment! You should take a look at the Peninsula Runners Trail Running Series that stars up in the New Year if you're looking for something to train and get inspired for. They offer a series of 5km and 10km trail runs around different venues around Vancouver. The routes are great and because they take place in beautiful trails you almost forget you're tired! Here's the website if you're interested: http://www.peninsularunners.com/events/trailseries.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog Candace! Love it and look forward to reading more xoxo B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to hearing more and more from this blog. it really inspires me to run

    thank you so much

    ReplyDelete